Monday, August 18, 2008

Jalapeno Cilantro Chicken

This is my version of my father's favorite dish and the Asian restaurant that my parents visit every Friday night. The original recipe also has lots of been sprouts, but those are not on the SCD. You could add any type of Asian or stir-fry veggie of your choice

Jalapeno Cilantro Chicken for two
2 boneless skinless chicken breast, in bite size pieces
1/3 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped
4 limes, juiced
2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and sliced
1 small vidalia onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Canola oil

•The night before set chicken to marinate with cilantro and juice of 3 limes.

•Heat a small amount of oil in a skillet and cook the onions and garlic until transparent.

•Turn heat to low and add chicken and marinade. Sauté until chicken is cooked.

•Add jalapenos and a little water if necessary. Simmer for a few more minutes.
*Blogger is not allowing me to upload photos right now, but I'll get one up later*


No comments: