Saturday, April 12, 2008

Gluten Free Meat Loaf

Last week a friend of mine made his first meat loaf, for friends, and was so excited and proud of himself. This got me thinking, I haven’t had meat loaf since going gluten free. My mother made hers with rolled oats, and all along I have simply assumed that all others were too.

I had this sample of Nueva Cucina seasoning that I wanted to try, so after consulting with my mother, Jeff and his copy of the Good House Keeping cookbook I formulated my own recipe. Which turned out really well. It’s been perfect for lunch at work all week.

½ Lb. Ground Sirloin
¼ Lb. Ground Veal
¼ Lb. Ground Bison
1 small Onion, finely chopped
¼ bunch Parsley, chopped
2 Egg Whites
Crumbs of 1 slice of Gluten Free Bread
½ c. Tomato Sauce
Nueva Cucina Chipotlé Taco seasoning


Preheat oven to 350 F

Mix bread crumbs, onion, parsley, 2/3 packet seasoning, ¼ c. tomato sauce and egg whites until everything is moist. Mix in ground meats by hand. Form into desired loaf-like shape and place on pan or baking sheet. Mix remaining seasoning and tomato sauce and spoon onto top of loaf.

Bake at 350 F for 75 minutes.

No comments: