Sunday, August 24, 2008

Tomatillo Salsa

Ever since I moved in with the Trainer and his family, I've been seeing Latin fruits and veggies in the local supermarkets. I've become intrigued by tomatilloes in particular. These fruits that look like green tomatoes with husks.

I can only be curious for so long. After doing a little research I finally decided to make something with them. Never having had a tomatillo before I didn't know what to expect, but it turned out well. I recommend tasting a tomatillo before making a whole recipe with them.


Tomatillo Salsa

1 lb- tomatillo, diced
1- medium sized green apple, diced
2- stalks celery, diced
2 tbsp- basil, chopped
2 tbsp-mint, chopped


Clean and chop all the vegetables and puree them in the blender.

Pretty simple, eh? This could be served chilled as a soup or room temperature as a salsa or dipping sauce with shrimp or chicken.

No comments: